Saturday, January 9, 2016

2016 Starts Now!

     I realized that if I don't sit down and start writing right now I will make another excuse, tell myself I can always begin tomorrow and keep putting off recreating my blog.  I do this more for me - it's therapeutic and gives me a chance to recall all the events in my life.  I travel weekly for work, try and get to Phoenix once a month to see my niece and nephew and when I can, fit in dating a guy that lives in Germany.

     I got home around midnight last night after being away from home 17 days - don't get me wrong, spending 11 days in Phoenix for Christmas and NYE with my friends and family was wonderful and then I flew right to Las Vegas for the CES Show but I was counting down the nights until I got to sleep in my own bed.  I walked into my condo last night, put the suitcases in the corner and crawled into my bed (yes, never got out of my travel clothes) - I woke up to my sister calling me at 10:59am!  I did it! I got over 10 hours of sleep!

     Over the last month I had some blood work done, saw my Dr and found out I have to go on cholesterol medication, get more iron and start taking Vitamin D - between this and living in a hotel or on a plane every week I made some new goals for myself.  As I sat on the plane last night I made some lists -


  • Cutting out dairy for 30 days - I'm originally from Wisconsin and if you know me, I LOVE cheese but I want to see if it helps my stomach and cholesterol #'s
  • Giving up a soda for a bit - I lean on Diet Coke and need to start consuming more water so for now I am going to say good-bye to the cola of choice
  • Stop treating my work travels as though I'm on vacation - that may sound silly to most people but traveling for work is very different and I need to make some better food and beverage choices
  • Find 30 min a day to exercise - be it walking, stretching, yoga in my hotel room.. just find that time for something

     I am excited to get back to my way of life - being healthier, happier and making more times for my friends and family!  I look forward to sharing my travels, recipes and healthier lifestyle. xo

     

No comments:

Post a Comment