Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 1 of Cleanse...check.

   
     A couple of weeks ago I happened to catch the Dr Oz show on his 3 day cleanse.  As I listened to the ingredients, recipes and how easy it looked I knew I needed to find 3 days of no travel, no social plans and kick this into gear!  Post Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time to start...so yesterday I took his grocery list (yes, he makes it THAT easy - print it off his site and bring a pen to check the items off) to the store and stocked up on 3 days worth of food.  Now, if you read my post from yesterday you can see why I was SO excited to get my Christmas present a little early!!
     The cleanse is 4 smoothies a day, vitamins, a little green tea in the morning and a hot Epsom Salt bath with Lavender at night.
     I must say that it helps I loved the foods on the list - kale, cucumbers, berries, celery and almond milk.  Dr Oz does a great job of laying out the day - showing you exactly what to eat and the recipes for each of the drinks. The printable sheet helps too - I kept it near the blender and referenced it throughout the day.
BREAKFAST:  1/4 cup Spinach, 1 Banana, 2 t lemon juice, 1 cup water, 1 T almond butter, 1T ground flaxseed & 1 cup raspberries
It should have been more pink but I added more spinach - good, makes 2 drinks per meal 
4 celery stalks, 1 cucumber, 1 cup kale, 1/2 green apple, 1 T coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond milk, and 1 cup pineapple - this was my favorite! VERY fresh and clean tasting.
Doesn't it scream green and clean!?!? 
1/2 cup mango, 1 cup blueberries, 1 1/2 c coconut water, 1 cup kale, 1T lemon juice, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 t cayenne pepper and 1 T flax seeds
Yummy! had a very berry flavor. 
End of the night - Epsom salt and lavender! Here's to a great night of sleep!

  •     I liked the lunchtime smoothie the best
  •     Need to drink more water tomorrow
  •     Distract myself at night as that is when I want to snack the most
  •     It's only 3 days!!!
I had a funny story happen today - I was on the Dr Oz Cleanse site and reading all the comments and a lady was asking questions, where to find things and which smoothie was the best so I answered her and shared why I was doing this cleanse (Post Thanksgiving, getting my period this week and have been sick so it's a great way to remove the toxins) and yes, I said it just like that but shared how much I love kale and I eat it often...anyway, I hit send and a little while later had a guy friend got in touch and asked me "what is kale?" and a few minutes later I asked him where was this coming from and he said he saw some comment I wrote on FB... ok, so now he knows more about me then he wanted to and I removed he post off FB and the Dr Oz site (just beware that if you comment on his site, uncheck the box unless you want your comments posted for 685 of your friends to see!!) xo

5 comments:

  1. You make it all look so yummy! I would definitely need the distraction at night, or probably starting in the afternoon. : )
    3 days seems doable - great job on day 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - you could do this NO problem!! and you get a bonus drink - for the afternoon snack you can pick a drink of choice from the B-L-D list!! :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting to hear what a cleanse is all about. More power to you kog. I have mixed feelings about that whole green pitcher of stuff. Do you have to drink it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make it sounds very easy and rather appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, maybe I should join you on this little adventure...especially after Thanksgiving and the Great Cookie Swap of '12 :) Looking forward to hearing how the next 36 hours go. Good luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete